Landing Page Experience is one of the ways that Google measures the quality of your website and determines how high your page rank will be on the search engine results. Google prioritizes good websites, so it’s very important for visitors to have a positive experience when they come to your website. Here are some of the most important factors, called “Core Web Vitals” that Google takes into account to determine your site’s Landing Page Experience:
- Mobile-friendliness- Your site absolutely must be optimized for mobile, as 52% of all visits are on smartphones these days. This means that menus must be simplified, the text must be easily readable, the site must be attractive, and you must be able to click the links without problems. You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to check your site right now.
- Safe Browsing: Ensure that there is no malicious software on your site that will infect the user’s computer, crash your site, or both.
- HTTPS: HTTPS is the secure version of HTTP, which is the primary protocol used to send data between a web browser and a website. HTTPS is encrypted in order to increase the security of data transfer. Every website should be using HTTPS to protect sensitive information and Google ranks HTTPS sites higher than HTTP.
- No Invasive interstitials, a.k.a pop-ups: Pop Ups that are too large and invasive are just not enjoyable user experience. Use pop-ups with extreme caution.
- Loading Speed: Content on your site must be optimized and your home page should be fully loaded within 2.5 seconds of landing on the page. Visitors to your site will not wait for a bulky page to load, which will make your bounce rate high and your Google ranking low. Large images and any graphics are the most common culprits for a slow site. You can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to check your page’s speed.
These are all very important things to take into account when creating and updating your website. Landing Page Experience is a key SEO factor, so it’s important to have your site designed with your users in mind. If you’re concerned about your site’s performance, we can help you with all of this at Webtyde. We evaluate these factors and many more in a full SEO audit. Contact us if you’d like to take a look at your website.